Pan-American School is the first IB Continuum School offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), and Primary Years Programme (PYP) in Costa Rica.
Our inclusive, non-selective educational programme provides a balanced, bilingual English-Spanish education, aimed at developing well-rounded, responsible global citizens.
Our broad and rigorous curriculum focuses on skill development, an extensive social and emotional support system, diverse arts, design, and physical education programs, and a unique focus on service and global sustainability.
Welcome from our General Director
Welcome to Pan-American School, and thank you for taking the time to visit our website. We invite you to explore our community, and learn more about how we strive to offer an education of excellence that inspires future leaders who will create a better world for all.
Pan-American School is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive learning community focused on delivering:
- Inspiring, personalized learning for all.
- A welcoming, engaged and connected community for all.
- A sustainable and balanced future for all.
Years of experience
Student teacher ratio
Average class size
English - Spanish
IB courses offered
IB DP highest score (2021)
Years as an IB World School
Colleges Acceptances (Continent/Universities since 2017)
Oceania / Australia
- Accredited as an IB World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization, since 2015.
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on International Education (NEASC-CIE) in the United States since 2006.
- Only school in Costa Rica to offer the IB Continuum Programme: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP).
- PAS nurtures the whole child and empowers students to have agency over their learning from age 18 months to graduation.
- Students can graduate with three diplomas: IB Diploma Programme, US High School Diploma and the Costa Rica Ministry of Education National Diploma.
Why The IB Continnum?
Pan-American School is an IB continuum school, focussing on both personal and academic achievement and challenging students to excel in these areas. We believe that learning is an active and lifelong process and that a well-rounded education includes logical reasoning, languages, artistic sensitivity, social awareness, physical and mental health, and critical thinking. Each person’s special interests, qualities, and talents are nurtured through real-life learning experiences and diverse educational opportunities. We support our students to develop a social conscience and a commitment to peace, democracy, cultural diversity, and service to humanity.
News at PAS
The Panam is the student newspaper of Pan-American School. Published twice per semester, The Panam covers news and events from campus and beyond. Students lead the newspaper entirely - reporting, writing, editing and designing each issue - and can earn Creativity, Activity, and Service (CAS) credit for their participation on The Panam team.
The Hub News
|The Hub News is the monthly newsletter from our Learning Hub and Research Center, Pan-American School’s Library.|
AASCA Basketball-Panamá 2023
Check out all the photos of this event here.